Student researchers at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto are currently recruiting participants to take a 15-minute survey for a study entitled ‘Risk Assessment in Suicide Prevention and Crisis Intervention Services: Assessing Effectiveness, Provider Experience, and Readiness’.
The present study seeks to improve the current understanding of practitioner perceptions and experiences of risk assessment for suicide. The goal is to seek a better understanding of practitioners’ perceived utility of risk assessment, perceived effectiveness, training experiences, readiness to conduct risk assessments, assumptions of suicide risk, and barriers to conducting risk assessments.
This line of research will provide direction for future research in the area of suicide risk assessment and impact service delivery for both practitioners and service users.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible to participate:
· Reside in Canada/United States
· Speak English
· 18 years of age and older
· Be currently practicing psychotherapy
SURVEY LINK: https://chsalabs.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8HNbcVNx9sSJyWW
In appreciation for their time, participants will receive:
· a free continuing education training offered by Dr. Jeffrey Ansloos on “risk assessment practice.” Dr. Jeffrey Ansloos, is a registered clinical psychologist in the province of Ontario, and national expert in suicidology. At the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education he is an Assistant Professor in Indigenous Mental Health and Social Policy in the Department of Applied Psychology and Human Development. In 2019 he was appointed as a Canada Research Chair in Critical in Indigenous Health and Social Action on Suicide.
· Participants will also be entered into a draw for a cash prize of $200.00.
This research has been peer-reviewed and approved by the University of Toronto Ethics Review Board (#00040908).
Katelyn Ward, MA
Nikan Eghbali Tehrani, MA
Shannen Rowe, BAH
Dr. Jeffrey Ansloos, C.Psych.
Director | Critical Health and Social Action Labs
Canada Research Chair | Critical Studies in Indigenous Health and Social Action on Suicide
Assistant Professor | Indigenous Mental Health and Social Policy
Clinical and Counselling Psychology | Applied Psychology and Human Development
University of Toronto | Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
252 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON M5A1V6