The PEI Counselling Association has been in existence for approximately 30 years. Members of our association are professional counsellors who work in a variety of settings. These settings include schools, universities, colleges, hospitals, mental health agencies, rehabilitation facilities, career counselling centres, business and industry, correctional institutions, religious organizations, community services and private practice. Our members have Master’s level degrees in Counselling Psychology or Social Work while some have a PhD. Our membership is interested and has been actively pursuing the statutory regulation of our profession in the province of PEI.
We are affiliated with our national association, the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA). Many of our members hold the CCC (Canadian Certified Counsellor) certification through the CCPA.
To promote counselling services on Prince Edward Island by providing support to the membership.
• To unite in one local organization all those persons who are engaged or interested in Counselling in the Province of Prince Edward Island.
• To promote contacts amongst diverse persons, agencies, organizations, professional associations, business and institutions participating directly and actively in the work of educational, vocational, and personal counselling for youth and adults.
• To provide facilities for an exchange of information relating to counselling services.
• To work toward the development and coordination of existing counselling services.
• To work through community and private agencies and governmental and educational authorities, and to collaborate with other professional associations towards improved conditions, resources, research and facilities. Such efforts shall be consistent with the Guidelines for Ethical Behaviour as stated by the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
Past-President: Jane Munn, PSB School Counsellor
President: Bethany Toombs, PSB School Counsellor
President-Elect: Cindy Wood, PSB School Counsellor
Treasurer: Kylah Hennessey, UPEI Career Counsellor
Secretary: Heather Lea-Desai, PSB School Counsellor
PEI Director on CCPA Board: Marion Clorey, UPEI Personal/Academic Counsellor
Peter Mutch: President of the PEICA-CTC (Counselling Therapist Chapter)
Cindy Wood: President of PEICA-SCC (School Counselling Chapter)
Chapters of the PEICA